IGNORED

Throttle grommet too big for '71 Z!!!!!!

ZSaint

I purchased a new firewall throttle lever grommet and it is too big for my '71 240Z. (Hole in firewall is too small for the grommet) Do they make a smaller grommet? I guess I can pull it thru the firewall and cut it off. But, it will not seal as well as one that fits! What do you do here? :disappoin

I purchased a new firewall throttle lever grommet and it is too big for my '71 240Z. (Hole in firewall is too small for the grommet) Do they make a smaller grommet? I guess I can pull it thru the firewall and cut it off. But, it will not seal as well as one that fits! What do you do here? :disappoin

How much smaller is it? U know what works sometimes, (kinda cheezy but should work) If you boil water then stick the grommet in there using some plyers it will come out really soft so u can out it in there. Works on rubber hoses as well.

Sorry if its kinda cheezy. Thats what i would do anyway.... :rolleyes:

There are 2 sizes of throttle rod grometts for the 1st generation Z. The 1970-73 240Z had a smaller gromett (and hole through the fire wall). The 1974 to 1978 use a larger gromett (boot). Perhaps the part you have is for the later year 260-280?

Now thats what I need, someone who knows! OK, I did not know that. I will get the proper grommet ordered up. Thanks for the info. Now If I can just find out from someone about the 240 vs. 260 radios....