IGNORED

How to mount 70-72 bumpers on a 73?

BadDog

I've got a 7-72 front bumper and brand new 70-72 mounting brackets. I've tried to figure out how the brackets "just bolt up" but I don't see it :-( I've searched the forums, but can't find specific information on how to mount these on my 73. Can anyone offer me some specifics or links to better info? Thanks!

-Ken P.

On the inside of the fender in front of the radiator where the hood hinges are. Just below the hood hinges are two holes with nuts on the other side. This is where the early brackets go.

Thanks much, Ed. I found that out about 5 minutes after I posted... I didn't realize the mounting locations was completely different. Partly because the MSA catalog's bumper parts diagram show the brackets in the reverse of their proper position :) I figured it out once I mounted the brackets to the bumper, then tried to put it in position. That's when I said to myself "hey, I've always wondered why those holes were there!" :)

-Ken P.