IGNORED

Throttle body upgrade

78 280zcar

will this one work

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7980249724&category=33557&sspagename=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

Also what about the B.C.D.D. device that is on the bottom of the stock throttle body, do I need it or can I get rid of it. Sorry about all the stupid questions but I've never really done anything like this so just bear with me. Thanks

I completly removed the BCDD and it runs fine.. no noticable problems...

as for the idle, the 240SX's have an idle screw... and if it is missing one, simply find a small screw and nut and use it as a idle screw.

you can use the stock 280Z one but you need to drill 2 holes on the stock bracket.. very simple to do..

or use a TVS from a Z31 (early 300ZX)

Check under the throttle linkage, so open the throttle butterfly by hand and check to see where the linkage hits the actual throttle body or plate.

you will see a small hole, or even a small screw in there.

NOTE - you will have to modify and remove the original linkage on the 240SX and put on the old linkage from your old throttle body. It makes more since when you get a good look at it.

post-4022-14150795494936_thumb.jpg

You know, I swear I am such a dumb a-s sometimes, I didnt think to even look at that. You are talking about the small screw that has a nut on it :stupid:. Thanks for bearing with me on this. What about those inlet and outlets for the coolant did you just remove those. And what is the best way to modify the linkage just take off the cruise and the throttle and put the 280z one on there or do I have to cut it and rethread it. I found a 34.95 spacer for it on ebay also and just got it yesterday its awesome. I just need to figure out how to shave the intake :( . Thanks for helping out

I have another question for yaall, did you do this mod with the stock computer and the stock AFM or did you have a different fuel injection computer? Is there anyone who has done this mod with the stock ECU and the stock AFM. Thanks in advance

My 1981 ZX has the stock ECU and AFM and works great. The AFM has been adjusted as per instructions on the Atlantic Z Car site. You may want to play with the adjustment as a few notches either direction will make a difference. When you get yours set up you will be pleased with the performance increase.

Thanks for the reply. For that AFM adjustment, I will have to change my #5 injector because it isnt shooting right. I was going to do that when I get the intake off to polish it for the larger throttle body. I will see what happens when I get it back together. Thanks for all the help guys