Absolute Z Club BBQ in Long Beach, Ca - United States - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Absolute Z Club BBQ in Long Beach, Ca

Featured Replies

That gives me a little over two weeks to get the a/c controls squared away on my Z!

After leaving the previous post earlier this morning, I got to thinking why not do it now. I've had the parts for over a year so I left the computer and four hours later, I had working a/c! Nothing was wrong with the system itself but one of the plastic levers in the heater/ac control panel was broken and I couldn't close the vent unless I reached under the dash and did it manually. That plus the fact that the switch that turns the compressor on and off was stuck in the on position so I had it disconnected. It was kind of a tedious job since the console and the center dash panels have to be removed in order to replace the control panel and the switch. I relocated the switch from the console to below the guages to the right of the ignition switch. After having no a/c for better than a year it still reaches 40 degrees at the vents! So, now that that's done, I'll see those of you who are going in Long Beach next month.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

i jusy went down to the park we are doinbg this BBq at today, found a few spot i want. hopefully they arent reserved yet, even if they are, we are still gonna do this.

  • Author

here ya go......and do remember from 10am till 4 or 5 pm. get there early for best parking

115865911_l.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

I installed new heater and a/c controlls. Pull my system down, ditched the R12, replaced some seals and o rings, and recharged it with R414B (Hotshot). It'll cool down to 32.1 deg. at the vents on high! I'll be there, riding in confort.

  • Author

cool, i'm tryin to get my exhaust back on...i ran out of wire for my welder and went to get more, Harbor frieght was out of the stuff i usually get, the dude at the counter said this other stuff would work, well it didnt(like i thought) so now i get to go back, i need to finish this job up today!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.