Hella Headlight Part Number - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hella Headlight Part Number

Featured Replies

Which is the correct Hella headlight part number for a 240Z: 70476 or 70477?

Also, which 65w/55w bulb gives the brightest white light?

Thanks

Miles

  • Author

Mark

I have researched the Hella 70476 and 70477 part numbers and can't find what the difference is. Autozone sells the Hella 7 " lamp as 70477 for $48.99 each and Kragen sells a Hella 7" lamp as 70476 for $59.99 each. As far as bulbs go the Narva XB3 and the H4 Xenon appear to offer bright white light.

Thanks

Miles

Miles,

I have a couple of new in the box #70476 lights that I bought a couple of years ago. I wounder if the 477 is just an updated 476? The 476 box also says it has a 60/55 rather than a 65/55 bulb. Could that be the difference between them? Just a thought.

Phred

This was "Hella easy" to figure out. I went to the Hella website and downloaded their catalog. See page 35 and 36.

http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_usa/ProductsServices/On_Line_Catalogs/Products_Accessories/Products_Accessories.jsp

The 70477s are SAE/DOT Legal. The 70476s are for off road use. Catalog says 60/55 bulb standard for both. Difference is in the lens.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.