IGNORED

1972 2+2 on ebay

RonG

Originally posted by mdbrandy

No. Given the flat-top carbs and the fairly slim bumpers, but with the big rubber blocks, it is probably a 1974 260Z 2+2.

Since it's LHD it's definitely an early 1974 260Z 2+2. The late 1974 models have the really big 280Z bumpers.

This is getting stranger by the minute. I would have thought the same things that Mark and Mike said about the bumpers and the carbs. I emailed the seller and told him he should check the data plate for date manufactured.

He responded that the manufacture date was 11-75 and thanked me for the info. The problem I now have (even though I'm not interested in the car) is that it should have the large crash bumpers and fuel injection if it was made in November 1975.

Ron

Originally posted by RonG

He responded that the manufacture date was 11-75 and thanked me for the info. The problem I now have (even though I'm not interested in the car) is that it should have the large crash bumpers and fuel injection if it was made in November 1975.

I'd ask for the VIN instead of the date stamped on the door plate as that's sometimes hard to read. I'm guessing it says 11-73 and not 11-75. If it really is 11-75 then it's a 280Z that someone put older bumpers on but I doubt that. With the wildly inaccurate information you've gottem so far I wan't trust the new information. I'd want to see a clear picture of the VIN through the windshield.

Originally posted by MikeW

I'd ask for the VIN instead of the date stamped on the door plate as that's sometimes hard to read. I'm guessing it says 11-73 and not 11-75. If it really is 11-75 then it's a 280Z that someone put older bumpers on but I doubt that. With the wildly inaccurate information you've gottem so far I wan't trust the new information. I'd want to see a clear picture of the VIN through the windshield.

Mike's got to be right...who in their right minds would take a Fuel Injected 280Z, and put FLAT TOPS on it? ROFL ROFL :stupid: