IGNORED

Driving roads, NE US

santamaus

I had a rather pleasant drive up route 32 next to the Delaware river yesterday, the first good road I've found in the northeast. I live in NYC, and the hour drive to route 32 is not too much of a deterrent.

That being said, what other good roads does anyone in the NE know about? Good is, fairly twisty, road surface in decent condition, not too many towns/driveways/people, fairly long, and also not an over abundance of police, er, protection.

Not trying to raise any ire, I am not looking to drive like a maniac anywhere, or get anybody killed, but I think you understand the roads I mean. If anyone's been up highway 1 out of San Francisco, you know that most cars can't (and won't) drive anywhere close to the speed limit, and trying to do so is a definite challenge (even somewhat for a motorcycle!). So, if you know of a fairly unused, good condition road that is a good drive, with some moderate challenge, that driving it at a challenging pace won't land you somewhere without a driver's license should those flashing lights find you, I'd like to hear about it.