IGNORED

rear defogger yet again

shuma02

i think every single line in my rear defogger is broken. is there a glass shop anywhere that sells a rear glass with a working defogger? does anyone sell a brand new aftermarket glass for the 240z? i've got a '72 240z, in which year did the Z come with the defogger going vertically instead of horizontally? i really want to make that thing work, rather than getting that funny looking heating fan. please let me know what are my options, i just painted the thing, and want to install new rubbers, so now would be a good time to play with the glass too. thank you.

I think 70 and 71 were vert. 72 and 73 horiz. I like the horiz. It makes the car look wider.As for repair,my 1990 300zx service manual has the procedure on page el-84.You use a dupont#4817 conductive silver.If you screw up it wipes off.My 240 manual refers to the same procedure and part #.It appears to be easy just time consuming.I would think your nissan dealer would have a manual with the info as it doesn't appear to have changed since 73 and is probably the same on all cars.If you can't find it let me know and we'll work it out. Daniel