IGNORED

inner front fenders rusted

tfbrown

I should have kept my hands in my pockets.......I stuck my hand up under the front fender near where the top shock mount is and found the inner fender has turned to dust,,,,I could pull handfulls of rotten metal out.............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghh!

the rest of the car appears in pretty decent shape (considering its age --73)...except for the frame rails inside the front fenders..........

is there a replacement for the inner fenders and can I weld a repair on the frame rails........

any other ideas?.....I like the car...this is just an ugly surprise.

Tim Brown

I could not find any sources that had the strut support part of the fender,not saying that they are not for sale new ,but I don't see why you cannot go to a auto salvage to cut out that part you need and reweld. Or maybe some z-car specialty salvage for the part. I did find this maybe it be fabricated.//www.arizonazcar.com/fender.html

------------------

Here he comes, here comes speed racer he's a demon on wheels!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to say this but depending how bad it is rusted in there you might not want to fix it. That is typical problem with Z's (Especially in this part of the world) Most body shops won't even wanna look at such a job, however I can point ya to a guy that could fix it for ya. He lives in Winnipeg does nice work, knows his Z's. Maybe even email me with a phone number and I'll come have a look. I've been into Z's for over 10 years, always good to meet people who love them as much as I do. : )