oil pressure switch/sender - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

oil pressure switch/sender

Featured Replies

Hi,

My oil pressure sender was leaking when I bought the car, and I picked up another one locally. The unit they sold me is a "Standard Motor Products Inc" PS-153. I just went to the Standard web site, and this is the correct part #.

However, when I pull the old one out of the block, there is a little fitting on it between the sender and the block - it seems to be an adapter of sorts. The unit that came off the car is a little smaller than the PS-153, and the PS-153 has a much smaller hole for the pressure to be read from. However, it seems to fit into the little adapter-gizmo just fine, and does have the correct bullet-type connector at the back.

Do I have the right part? Was the one on my car the wrong part? Why the different aperture sizes?

Thanks,

Ayan

'74 260Z RLS30-0061XX

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.