IGNORED

battery tray & inner fender parts needed

mtdripo

It might be a viable option if multiple panels were shipped together. They should stack up fairly easily and aren't all that heavy. Someone in the US could put together maybe 5 inner fender panels cut out of LHD drive cars and swap them with someone in Australia with 5 panels cut out of RHD cars. The battery tray itself may still be a problem but having an existing inner fender should be a whole lot easier than doing the fabrication.

To determine the economic viability one would first need to determine what an inner fender is worth. $150? $200?

I know you guys are always looking and I saw a car with a good tray this weekend. The yard owner thought it was "Saturday on eBay" and I didn't even ask what he wanted to cut it out. I may go back and I'll deal if he's real with a price. Thanks

• 7 months later...

I am in the same boat as most of you. The battery tray itself has surface rust but beneath the tray there is a hole with serious rust. I guess cutting the metal out and replacing it or finding a nice donor are the options......

Roger from the Zbarn sent me mine which was from the passenger side strut tower down to the frame rail all the way back to the firewall and included the firewall section as well for a hundred bucks which included shipping to me in NJ FWIW.
How did this work out? Roger is my source too. I looked at the pics in your gallery. Seems to have turned out well. Any pointers from having done this?