IGNORED

L20 connect rods

greenmonster80

Well put the word out downunder. I want to take the whole rotating assembly this month to SunBelt racing Engines in Atlanta for a complete balancing job from the front pulley to the flywheel. There is a NOPI Nationals Show in March at Panama City. I want to be there to show off my Hakosuka GTX.

• 2 weeks later...

From my understanding of the different engines,

L20 4cyl

L20A 6cyl

L20B 4cyl

You can use rods from L20 and L20A but the big end on the L20B is a bigger diameter.

From memory isn't the stroke on the L20A is 69. something mm, with a bore of 78mm.

Hope this helps.

nixcars, L14 rods only came out with 8mm rod bolts, why not use L16 rods. From 4/72 L16 rods came with 9mm rod bolts.

L24 rods also had the 9mm rod bolts (other than the Maxima 82-83 L24s, but the big end and piston pin bores were different sizes anyway).

I don't know what you are doing just thought these other rods would be easier to get hold of than the L14s.

Alan, I need these rods for the length. Combined with a VG30 N/A short skirt, lighter piston I can build a smoother revving L28.

As for rod bolts, ARP units in 8mm will do the job.

If the L14 rods are too hard to source, then L20A (6 cyl) rods with RB30 N/A pistons will do the trick providing the rod length is 135mm. I need somebody to confirm this length as someone has said that they are the same length as L24 rods, (133mm).

Nick.