IGNORED

Z aerodynamics

ZwolleY

From all this information, I gather that the 'chin' spoiler and 'air dam' are of the same design, although they might vary in the height. The 'spook' style has little to moderate height and the 'scoop' has moderate to great height, depending on it's use; i.e., one used to scoop air into the radiator would be taller than one ment for simple downforce/air displacement.

Overall, the definition seems to be based on what the advertisement Exec wants to sell it as., or to whom he wants to sell the stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I haven't seen them, but they sound easy to make.

Im now considering refitting my old rear window louver to break up the air flow over the rear of the hatch to stop the air flow attaching and coursing lift.

Any one noticed a difference with a rear window louver on or off?

Steven

I was just watching "Victory By Design" On Speed Channel, and they had Porches . There was a comment about how why they put on the ducktail spoilers because it was "unstable at 150 MPH".

So there is your answer about what speed you need to get instability.

Originally posted by RB30-ZED

No, I haven't seen them, but they sound easy to make.

Im now considering refitting my old rear window louver to break up the air flow over the rear of the hatch to stop the air flow attaching and coursing lift.

Any one noticed a difference with a rear window louver on or off?

Steven

I'ts going to likely mess up your airflow around the rear something awful though. Lots of drag and any spoiler probably won't work well. Much better to leave it clean and use a spoiler IMHO.