IGNORED

round shape knobs and square shape knobs

kats

Originally posted by 26th-Z

Ok you guys!

Here is an interesting picture I just pulled off eBay concerning the installation of the hand throttle. Supposedly, all series one cars have this metal bracket welded up underneath the dash at the firewall.

I saw that picture, and I don't believe that it is correct. I believe that the plastic grommet actually clips into the pedal bracket. then, the metal cylinder that covers the end of the cable is clamped into that bracket, and there should be a bolt pulling the clamp together. I had posted the attached picture long ago in another thread, but you can still see the plastic grommet in my pedal bracket. The metal "ball" on the end of the cable then pulls against the plastic grommet attached to the pedal bracket. When you release the hand throttle, the cable slides through the plastic gromment, and the metal ball hangs loose. You can then press on the accelerator and the plastic gromment (attached to the pedal) slides along the cable without pulling it.

post-4028-14150793580792_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry to get into this discussion late, but I am a new member to this site. I also have a choke/throttle set-up on my car which was installed a few years back. The throttle was never hooked up until just recently after I saw the photo on eBAy. You are correct in that it doesn't work the way shown. When I purchased this set up, it came with the more square knobs. Since then, I've had to replace the throttle knob and obtained the more rounded one. So now my knobs are mismatched. Also I found the screw insertion is on the opposite side. The rounded one is on the left side (inside) where the square one is on the right side (outside). Is this consistant with everyone elses?

Thank you,

John Holland

1970 Green

Originally posted by lonewolf2148

Since then, I've had to replace the throttle knob and obtained the more rounded one.

Where did you get a rounded throttle knob! I'd like to have one to go with my round choke knob....:D

Hi John,

Yes you are right,I checked my square knob has a hole for a screw

at outside.

My rounded throttle knob was a present from Mr.Len Welch in the U.K. well known as an owner of a 1971 beautiful green 240Z.

I was looking for it in japan,but I could not find in japan.

kats

I have square knobs on my choke/throttle, although like most here I would like the round ones.

26thz has mentioned the potential of moulding replicas of some of the other rarer plastic parts for the early cars, perhaps the round knobs could be a good candidate for this.

regards to all

Abas

Mark,

Sorry about the late response, for some reasons I can't access this web site from home. I obtained the throttle knob from a local Datsun parts supplier several years ago. I don't know where he obtain the part nor do I know if he has anymore. I wanted to see him this last weekend but he was out of town. I will check to see if he has any more rounded knobs.

Hi Kats,

Thanks for your message confirming the location of the screw holes. I find it interesting the rounded knob has the screw hole on the inside which I find is harder to get to.

John Holland

Originally posted by lonewolf2148

I obtained the throttle knob from a local Datsun parts supplier several years ago. I don't know where he obtain the part nor do I know if he has anymore. I wanted to see him this last weekend but he was out of town. I will check to see if he has any more rounded knobs.

If he does, I'd LOVE to know about it.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...