IGNORED

round shape knobs and square shape knobs

kats

Originally posted by Marty Rogan

One question for those of you that are using these. I understand that the cable attaches to the back of the gas pedal. I am wondering if it needs to be attached by a bracket or something to the firewall?

Sweet! Yours is better than mine, since I bought one with square knobs! Anyway, on the firewall, there should be a pinch bracket to connect the cable through. I posted a pic of mine in another thread:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8116&perpage=15&highlight=hand%20throttle&pagenumber=2

Look about half way down the second page of the thread, and I have a picture posted of the pinch bracket.

I'm jealous now. I want round knobs! :mad:

Thanks Mark. I figured that there must be some sort of bracket or clip to hold that cable in place. Hopefully that bracket is in my Z blt, 6/70.

Yep, those round knobs are about as rare as hen's teeth!

Can't wait till the weather gets warmer to install and try it out. That should make car warm-ups much easier.

Marty

• 1 month later...

Hi Marty,

You got a very nice choke and throttle unit.Have you installed them already?In my case I did installed it by myself and it was very easy.Just hook the cable end to the throttle pedal and poped the plastic gromett into the stopper.

That plastic gromett is a small part but it is a very important thing for the functioning.

Hi DJACEY,

I agree with you the round knobs are a mirror image but square

knobs are just same shape.I think this is an S30's cost cutting,I see some same things in other case, the first production

parts were well costed but later they were reduced in cost,

like coat hooks,emblems,tail gate's ventilation system,and exaust front tube junction from two into one.

But many other things were deveroped in later production.

kas

Hi Kats,

No, I have not installed it yet, since it has been too cold in Chicago. Working on the car in the winter cold of Chicago takes all the fun out of it. I should be able to get it installed within the next 30 days though.

Is the plastic gromett you are referring to, theone at theend of the throttle cable that shows in my picture?

Marty

Hi Marty,

Yes the plastic gromett is the one witch is shown on your post here.I do not know why,I saw many of them were broken or almost fallen off.

BTW,Marty your Z is very beautiful outside and inside.I enjoyed your photo gallery.It is helpful for my same blue int/ext car.

Thanks,

kats

Kats,

I also enjoyed your website. I am always interested to see another car with a blue interior, since they are so rare. If I had not just bought another 240Z last summer, I would be interested in the blue one for sale in the classifieds right now.

You have done a really nice job on your car. Your website has inspired me to replace the jute material on my car. I am trying to source the material now, as I am preety sure it is NLA from Nissan.

Marty

Ok you guys!

Here is an interesting picture I just pulled off eBay concerning the installation of the hand throttle. Supposedly, all series one cars have this metal bracket welded up underneath the dash at the firewall.

So you want my secret source for jute, eh? What's it worth to you? Check out Lebaron Bonney http://www.lebaronbonney.com/catalog.htm

page 92, part number US 121, synthetic jute padding, 5/16" X 36" wide rolls - $3.99 a yard. I just called and asked for a sample.

post-4148-14150793580588_thumb.jpg