IGNORED

Can you convert Webers to FI?

EricB

Someone was talking to me about this, that they were going to convert a set of triple webers into individual throttles and use fuel injection???????????? I didn't know what to say...

Is this even possible?

Can someone shed some light?

Or is it easier to point me at a URL or book?

Thanks,

-e

Hi Eric,

Don't know about anywhere else in the world, but this has been quite common here in the UK for a number of years.

Essentially they gut the Webers ( or Dell'Ortos / Solexes etc ) and use the bodies and butterflies as the base for injection bodies. You can buy all the parts you need from Weber ( throttle position sensors that fit on the end of the throttle shafts etc etc ) and it can be quite effective.

In fact it was so effective that companies such as Lumenition started to make their own kits that bolt onto side-draught manifolds. That's the big advantage; being able to use the manifolds. Weber are even marketing their own versions now too. I think you can find them on several websites ( try the Lumenition one ).

Cheers,

Alan T.

i just finished doing this with good results except the injectors are in the manifold itself. check out my gallery.

hey alan, do you have a link to a store in the uk that supplies the throttle position sensor? mine mounts off the throttle shaft behinf the webbers and im not totally happy with it.

Hi Brett,

Look for LUMENITION ( Google search might give you a link ). They are ignition parts suppliers / manufacturers - but they make injection kits to replace side-draught carbs too.

I'm off to Japan in a few hours, so if you can't find what you need I'll look into it in more detail for you when I return after 6th Nov.

Cheers,

Alan T.

interesting!!!!

What is the approximative price for this complete kit throttle, wire, and ecu unit?

And how can you tune the ecu (with a special controler or computer)?

what value can you adjust on the ecu programme?

exemple: inject timing point and fuel injected (open time of the injector)?

does someone have a pic or pics of either webers or dellortos or mikunis having been converted to FI - just curious to see what that looks like exactly... the throttles lumenition sells just look like individual throttle bodies as you would find in any other modern application.. i am curious to see how a modded carb ends up looking... step by step even perhaps?

i'll keep digging on the net in the meantime...

-e

TWM Induction toyed with the idea of a su replacement throttle body, but found that most if not all su users when doing a conversion will opt for a dcoe body....the su conversion was aimed mostly at the british car guys but they all go with a single dcoe....prob cause of the siamesed intake ports. Anyway here is a good link.

www.twminduction.com

www.sdsefi.com

Hi All,

I have a set of 45mm throttle bodies that are Webber bolt pattern. I bought these brand new and was going to install it on an L18 in a Datsun P510.

I have since sold the car and will now get one more throttle body so that I can build a nice L28 to go with it all...

post-1898-14150793161592_thumb.jpg