IGNORED

Clean & Fast 1971 240Z, For Sale!

Tony Genovese

Beautiful classic Z inside & out. Well maintained, adult owned & driven. The car has a recent 5 star paint job and a built L28 motor running a performance cam, backed by a lightened flywheel and 280ZX 5-speed gearbox. The drivetrain was built by Classic Datsun Motorsports in Vista, CA (have all receipts). This car has spent its entire life in California. No rust, no problems, clean title, daily driver (if you want to), & very fast. Also comes with its original matching #'s motor (long block w/E31 cylinder head). The owner won't entertain any offers below $8,000.00. This is a classic series-1 early 240Z with no defects. Serious inquiries only please. Thanks. My # 619-944-4141.

I'll try to post as many pics of the car as I can. It's very hard to reproduce the exact qualities of this Z when not in person. For example, the color may appear black, but it's actually deep dark metallic blue. I don't have the best digicam, but the shade is so dark, that it's easily mistaken no matter what the photo quality may be.

I admit that the car is not completely original, but cosmetic things like the bumpers can be easily remedied if a full resto is chosen. The paint's been done...which is a nice thing (especially when the door jambs, engine bay & underhood were also resprayed the same color).

Most Z's won't have stuff like the original wheels or emblems, but I'd grade this one as 90% all there (who wants the original steel wheels anyway...except to have the hubcaps?). I'd put Panasports on it--anyway, this car is a driver! By the way, the bumpers have been powder coated & not painted. The original color scheme was butterscotch with a black interior. Ask me more!

A lot of people mess up the center console when a 280ZX 5-speed is dropped into an early 240Z. Since the spacing of the shirft linkages of the early gearboxes are different than the later design, many people try to make it work & don't get it quite "right."

Classic Datsun Motorsports did this one correctly & exercised the proper care to make it look like nothing changed.