IGNORED

Spoilers..Help Needed

Zedrally

Thanks for the link, I had a pretty thorough look thru it with no luck.

The spoiler that 26th spotted is the closest I've seen.

After a bit of thought I'm pretty convinced it would be a Ozzie AM spoiler produced by a company called Alpha Fibreglass.

With the attachment to the front apron being more in the style of a BodyKit rather than a replacement for the apron, it suggests AM.

Any one down here that has any more details, last I heard was that 1 owner got locked up and the other headed north!

Originally posted by Zedrally

Unfortunatley, doesn't show the type I'm trying to replace.

Someone mentioned the name stone guard, anyone with any further info?

You got a pic of the one you are trying to replace? even if it is broken, it will still give us an idea what you are looking for.

Does it bolt to the apron? or replace it completely.

Sounds like the non vented BRE Spook spoiler

The pictures that 26thZ posted are of the Factory "Euro" spoiler and its dedicated front valance panel. The corner valance panels were also fitted with captives when this spoiler was fitted as standard equipment.

They came on all but the very first of the UK-market HS30 cars, and continued through the RS30 models. The Factory parts lists describe it as a "Europe" model part, and I know that other countries apart from the UK had them - but I'm not 100% sure if it was all of them. Certainly the UK models had the spoiler from early 1971. I know there were subtle differences across the years of production, but essentially they stayed the same.

Factory parts list description called it "98300-E8100 ASSY-FRONT AIR SPOILER". I've scanned some pages from the parts lists so that you can see how they showed it. I've also scanned the pages that describe the companion Valance panels, which you will see have superceding numbers too.

The spoiler was made from an expanded Urethane foam material, with the steel mounting brackets cast into it. It looks like rubber and has a smooth outer surface, but when you cut into it you see small bubbles in the material. The problem ( especially for the UK and its weather ) was that the cast-in brackets tended to go rusty and swell up inside the body of the spoiler, and eventually cracked it. Apart from that, the Urethane became brittle over time and started to contract and expand - making it look a funny shape.

They are fairly hard to find in good used condition, and I believe that NOS items that anybody has tucked away are now going to start commanding higher prices. I have friends in Japan who have asked me for these spoilers in the past and supply here in the UK has just about dried up. I have not seen a new one for ages.

Alan T.

( Here's a pic from the parts list ):

post-2116-14150793121804_thumb.jpg