IGNORED

Swapping Out the AFM

TomoHawk

for the AFM, I would suggest buying carefully from eBay, unless you have a more trusted source, like a local Z boneyard or auto salvage.

I got my FSM from Courtesy Parts. It wasn't too expensive, and comes on a beautifully- made CD with a good case. I printed out the sections as I needed them (rear axle/suspension, frt. axle/suspension, body, electrical, etc.) and bound them with spiral wire so it will lay flat. I keep a copy of the files on the computer so I can search them. Don't forget a spare notebook from the dollar store to write your own notes, sketch electrical circuits, etc.

It's also nice to have a real paper version of the FSM. The Xenon download is fine for printing out sections etc. and many of them, like the 1978 are actually the same copy that Courtesy Parts puts on a CD. Free is better than 'wasn't too expensive' IMO. And to the guy that awakened this 7 year dead thread: those cd's are available for much less than the $75 you claim to have paid for them (if that's true, they saw you comming/the often misattributed P.T. Barnum theory!), and even less than the $50 you said you'd sell them for and on top of that, as stated, all of the info on them is available free on the internet.

Edited by sblake01

Let's see: you come on a site, likely set the record for resurrecting the oldest thread ever, also hyjacking the thread on top ot that, offer to sell us something we can get for free, and the cop an attitude when that's all pointed out to you? Now, who's acting like an arse?

2588h95.jpg

Edited by sblake01

If I new it was free I wouldn't have paid for it.(EBAY plus shipping was actually $74.00) I don't have an attitude, I just thought it might help, again not seeing the date, I was just looking 4 parts. You are the one who had to put me down and then point it out. You could have just been nice and educated me without the extra's.

Thanks,

Bob

This is the point at which this needs to drop. I'll only say one more thing. You say "I don't have an attitude". Actually, you do. You did the name calling by calling me a jerk whereas all is did was repeat your 'acting like a arse' comment. I didn't 'put you down' anymore than anyone else did. Chalk it up. You read a much more sinister intent from my posts than was intented. It's not that serious. Let it go.

Edited by sblake01

I sense a little hostility in this thread..

Just next time make your own thread instead of bumping a 7 year old one. Also I'd try not to call people jerks especially someone like sblake01 who's helped tons of people on this site (including myself) with trouble shooting.

Download the efi bible and go through that you may not even have to replace your parts. You might just need to clean the connections. Good luck.