IGNORED

Stick Shifter Length

texasz

The "B" type transmissions were used in the late 71 model year and after that....

The short shifter has a two piece mounting plate that bolts through the stock pivot on the trans case and moves it up away from the trans case by an inch.

Your pic shows a stock unmodified B type shifter....

Originally posted by 2ManyZs

The "B" type transmissions were used in the late 71 model year and after that....

Ok, so then my '77 5-speed would be considered a type B and will be ok when/if I get a short shifter.

Originally posted by 2ManyZs

Your pic shows a stock unmodified B type shifter....

That's what I figured from your previous description. Bummer! I will just keep my eyes open for one.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like the mounting nut on the bottom of the lever is either loose, or the tapered bushings the lever inserts into are shot...

You can still get the solid bushings for the A model shifter, which might help tighten up the shifting on yours. Try Chloe at MidwestZ, she probably can supply them.