IGNORED

last call for joy riders

Z-point

• 4 months later...

Well the tour is almost on its way. A couple of weeks to go and then it is fun time!!!

We will be on the road with four cars, Dutchman Auke, 240z members Spanish Symon, German Rainer and myself.

And this picture shows what we will aim for. Is it not a beauty?

:love: :love:

post-1340-14150793871022_thumb.jpg

Guus,

Absolutely beautiful!!! I guess you wouldn't want to misjudge one of those corners, yes? If I had the money, I'd certainly join you guys. Sound like it would be great adventure!

Hi Guys,

I´m one of the lucky b*****ds who will be travelling with Fast Guus at the end of the month. But just to make it a bigger & better trip I going to Turin & Milan first, then a couple of days getting in some "hairpin practise" through the Alps, then on to Interlaken to start the real trip. I´m sure that we will take loads of photos & download them into out gallerys to make you all envious ROFL

My personal thanks to Guus for having the b**ls to suggest such a get together & see it through ............

Only problem is I have still got to wait 2 1/2 weeks ..........

Hi Sean,

The plan is to visit Paolo in Turin before going on to Milan & then a spirited run up the Stelvio ......... After that to Interlaken & a few days with fast Guus.

Just don´t make any more babies as you can´t use the same excuse next year !

What do you think about organizing a tour of Spain for 2005 ?

Wow! You guys are going to have one hell of a trip!!! How many kilometers is the trip going to cover? How many Z's are going on this trip? Guus, I am so envious of you. Your car is going to be right at home. The rally Zcar in a very long European rally. I am sure you will stir up some emotion with fellow enthusiasts if they ever saw a works car in a rally of the period. Take as many pictures as you guys can. Maybe this will inspire the North American folks to have a sight seeing journey in their Z's someday. Grand Canyon anyone??? Hahaha. Enjoy your trip guys.

-Ben :cry: (I want to go) At least I will get to see pictures:classic: .

Hi V12 Horse,

From the information Guus has passed on to me we will be doing 1200 kms on the trips, but as we will going over numerous mountain passes it will probably take us 5 days. & obviously we´ve got to eat well, take loads of photos & spend plenty of time admiring the views & the Z´s. I personally we will be doing some 1800 kms just to get to the Interlaken Meeting then about 800 km home after we finish in Monte Carlo.

I agree with you that Guus´s Z will attract a lot of attention & for all the right reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

So how was it guys ?

Cathy and I thought of you lot whilst driving around the Corniche coast from Toulon to Perpignan !

Then we went up to Andorra and down again to Pau - great historic racing in the town centre !

All this in a 280ZX 2 seater bought for Cathy - a nice manual with non-assisted rack and pinion steering. We got 30 miles per gallon during 1000 miles - bet you didn't match that ?