IGNORED

EFI Hassles

280zx Fever

280zx Fever,

To rule out #2, #3 ecu input to the injectors try the following.

You will nead a basic auto elec test light (twin diode type, red & green) about $35.00 AUS if you have to buy one, borrowing is better. Clip the light lead to the fuel injection manifold. with the engine running place the pointy end of the light into the back of the fuel injector loom plug on both wires. the idea of this test is firstly, establish that lights activate on both loom plugs. You should see the light flash at a constant rate on and off. to confirm what you are seeing is correct functionallity check a known working injector loom plug for the same light and rate. also confirm your results for both wires. You could have a faulty dropping resistor or connections.

cheers

Steve :classic:

Originally posted by nutxo

I have this really kick arse .pdf on troubleshooting the efi system if someone wants to host it

Yea, I'll host it here on our site. I can put it in the downloads area so it will be easy to find. Go ahead and send it to me. I'll send you a private message and give you my email address.

Originally posted by 280zx Fever

dumb question yep but i dont know the firing order i wrote down as they where when i took them off so id assume they where correct...

1-6-2-5-3-4 ? does that sound right ?

to young, just right, to old?

hmm,.i get so confused:stupid: