IGNORED

original jute material

kats

Alan,

I have the rear deck mat and was going to make photographs this weekend. I would love photographs of the floor mats and now kats has piqued my interest for the finish of the floor behind the seat and up to the rear bulkhead. I know all the early cars in my vicinity have carpeting mixed with side rubber and deck rubber. It is common to see carpeting over the rear deck rubber as in my car. I understand the floor mats are held in place with snap grommets and I have them in the old firewall insulation.

I don't think an 'L' version was available in the early days of American importation. I know my car was pre-purchased immediately after the New York Auto Show and would have been a "here's what you bought" version! I must retrieve the sales literature from the safe deposit box and see if any of the photographs show that detailed an interior finish.

Personally, I'm going to finish the car with carpeting as kats has done, keeping the rubber side rocker mats. They are glued in place.

Thanks for the pictures of the 432-R. After looking at them, I have a million questions / observations for future discussions.

the mat is made very profesional work,is not it?See the triming around edge.

But I do not know this is factory original.

Hello Marty!

Thank you so much for letting me know.The rubber mat I saw on ebay was amco,but slightly looks different from service bulletin's one,I will post tomorrow.

Thank you,

kats

post-3193-14150793206615_thumb.jpg

Ok guys, We are talking about three different things!

Kats, your mat is carpet with a clear backing. My mat is simply rubber - light grey, leather texture.

Marty,

AMCO is an aftermarket company and sold floor mats to protect the carpeting.

post-4148-14150793206847_thumb.jpg

Yea Marty,

I haven't seen them in a long time. I was talking to Les Canaday a couple of weeks ago about the rubber material. He says he can get close to the texture with sheet material he has. Might call him at Classic Datsun.

I also want to note that the rocker side rubber is slightly molded to conform to the chassis shape, especially near the seat belt mount.

Hello Alan,

Thank you very much for your replying.

Now I am clear for side sill trims.And my opinion,HLS30 have both

nature of fairlady Z(even some of them Z423R) and ZL.They are mixed into HLS30.(In this thread when I say Z means fairladyZ,the basic model for japanese market price was the lowest Alan sometimes mentions)

HLS30's carpet looks like Z-L,But 1969HLS30's rubber mat looks like Z,side sill too,and 1969HLS30 does not have rear glass defogger,this looks like Z.The 240Z showing in the press kit does not have a clock,radio,anntena do have ruuber mat for front floors and I guess on the rear deck.These points look like Z.

And Z432R has a beautifull knob for the fuel lid which same as early HLS30 has.

Today I show you rubber mats I bought from the U.S. by ebay.

These are amco,I sometimes put them in my car but its shape

is something different from the ones which I saw in many cars.

Are they for 240Z?

Thank you,

kats

post-3193-14150793209009_thumb.jpg

Hello Kats:

The shape of the rubber mats that you posted is different than the ones I have seen in 240Z at auto shows in the US. I believe that these mats may be for use in a different Datsun model.

By the way, Thank you for posting so many wonderful pictures and information on the early Z cars of all types. Oh, and your car looks very nice. Congratulations!

Carl