IGNORED

2 brackets...what are they for?

240znz

Originally posted by abas

NickF

I have just bought some repro plastic toolboxes from ebay. I'll let you know how they compare to the originals when I get them

I've seen those on e-bay, and wondered if they are comparable to the ones you can get through MSA or Victoria British. Let us know.

It was taken me 12 months to get back on email so I fear that it will take longer to get my digital camera taking to my "Noahs Ark" PC. But I'll post the pics I have as soon as I can.

I have only metal hatch lids (with the 90 degree thumb twisty lever). Under the hatches is a space where a tool box would go. From what I am reading now from your previous posts is that I don't have these tool boxes. I just have the original hatches. So I guess that the plastic tool box lids and not the metal hatches are what the brackets are for.

In answer to your other question. Yes I have the hand throttle complete (cable broken). I will not be fixing it as it is the single most dangerous thing in the car.

I don't have the side mounted indicators that I think you are referring to. It only have front and rear indicators (amber of course).

It has the original engine and head (E31...off car in some need of repair/rebuild/sale), E88 on it at the moment and I haven't driven any other 240's so I wouldn't know the difference between a E31 or E88 headed ride or not.

Has anyone got a picture that they can post showing where these plastic lids fit. I still can't see where they fit. Maybe they are only for the series 2 model.

I have vinyl liners under the hatch on my series 1. It looks stock as they are very old and are showing their age. They come out really easy as the contact adhesive is shot. Looks as though the design team lost interest under the hatches or too busy to get the series 1 out on time.

Digital camera is out this morning and I'll post some pictures of what mine looks like later today (if I can win the battle with the PC)

:classic:

The plastic toolbox lids only fit the series 1 (read: one) Z's. They have a hinge that attaches with screws to the floor of the car behind the seats on the raised area (there should be brackets welded to the floor of the car) and then the two L-shaped brackets on the vertical wall behind the seats for the top of the toolboxes to be screwed into with a couple knurled knobs. If you have two lidded compartments on the luggage area floor just behind the seats, then you don't need the plastic toolboxes. I have attached a picture of the plastic toolbox floor brackets in my car behind the left hand drivers seat (circled). Note that my L-shaped bracket on the wall (see the black painted area) was removed by the previous owner.

hope this helps.

post-4028-14150792947894_thumb.jpg