IGNORED

Kart Racing

That Ozzy Guy

I've been go karting down at the indoor setup here in Port Melbourne there's another near southland I like the look of. One thing I remember is how much it hurts when your friend hits you hard from behind ouch.

I was the best out of my friends(yeah i am showing off). I had heaps of fun used to take it really serious too LOL.

One thign I remember is the pain my hands were in afterwards they cramped right up from grabbing the steering wheel really hard and those tight corners.

it's also funny how I noticed the grip on my tyres was alot worse after alot of laps.

That was my only complaint , some karts were better than others I remember one had awful steering and I hit a wall trying to hard turn to one side.

I guess when it's like that you can't complain they need to make $$$ to survive , from what you've told us sounds alot more pro.

Keep it up :).

Originally posted by 1 Bravo 6

:devious: :devious: :devious: :devious:

Hey, Dero,

I can't help but wonder whether D-E-R-O has the same meaning in the land of the septic tanks as it does here in God's country????

Rick.

que?

Originally posted by Gav240z

it's also funny how I noticed the grip on my tyres was alot worse after alot of laps.

That was my only complaint , some karts were better than others I remember one had awful steering and I hit a wall trying to hard turn to one side.

That means you're going too slow, probably the lawn mower engine's fault rather than anything else!!!

That's what I don't like about rent-a-cart's, they're always different!!!

GoKarts are a lot of fun but have to agree that it is also a lot of hard work.

After a run on the track, I always came out with sore arms, sore butt and a sore pride as my young sons enjoyed lapping me and especially cutting me on a corner. Doesn't help me carrying th extra weight!

Now I love running the Datto around the track, weight is not that critical.

George, seems you are taking up with the karts, do you have any Zed parts for sale?:D

Originally posted by biker

George, seems you are taking up with the karts, do you have any Zed parts for sale?:D

LOL

:finger:

One thing I won't do is compromise my Z. It might take a bit longer to get the CV's converted and the extractors made up and the etc etc but I can't foget her. She won't let me. One of my friends that's been into karts for a while has told me that a few people really get into karts & just give up on their street car & sell it. Scary thought but I think I might be safe.

Karting is not cheap as I'm begining to find out. I suppose it is the cheapest motorsport around but still expensive and once people get serious they are really spending a heap. Initial start up costs are a bit much but what can you do.

Originally posted by biker

After a run on the track, I always came out with sore arms, sore butt and a sore pride as my young sons enjoyed lapping me and especially cutting me on a corner.

Did you race them or was it recreational with your kids?

I tell you, some of the young kids I've seen could show most people out on the roads how to drive.

Just put a deposit down on my first kart. It's a couple of years old but it's never been raced. It also comes with all the equipment I need like helmet, suit, stand etc and it was fairly cheap so I'm stoked.

Oh, I'm also scared about my first drive.:ermm:

Should be interesting to say the least.

img12-ax6-art-2.jpg

img12-ax6-sa-2.jpg

gday george,

i used to race these things for a few years in a class called RESA light. awesome stuff but the expenses eventually got to me.

do you have an engine yet?

i'd suggest a yamaha clubman engine if you are running 100cc

they are really easy to keep in tune and its one of the most competitive classes in aus and are a blast to drive. the quicker engines are difficult to keep on tune with out running to rich and losing power or running to lean and seizing.

i used to burn my engine about 5 times a year and they arent cheap to rebuild.

cheers,

Brett