IGNORED

Rust Replacement Parts

BBALLS

To get a new roof welded on shouldn't be too expensive - but If your panel guy isn't up to the task don't cut it off.

Good morning from Brisvegas folks !

For me it all started about 5 years ago.Back then I honestly had trouble telling the difference between a 2 seater 240Z VS a 2 seater 260Z...oh ow times have changed. I was looking for a upgrade from my prestine but lazy 280ZX. So with a fistfull of cash I visited the Zed man. IT WAS LUST. A 1971 240Z, full sports exhaust, mags, L28, metallic green mmm she was fine !I had to wrestle with the owner, not because I couldn't settle on a price with him but because this particular car was parked in the wrecking section and the man was trying to save me money. Still, I knew better And after squarley shoving the cash under his nose the biatch was mine. IT WAS LUST...

This car was perfection, the body lines, that burble coming from the exhaust...someone handme a cigarette.

Finally this beauty was mine, I grabbed the keys told my brother to buckle up and hold real tight. In hind sight this would be a good thing. I eased the clutch in, the gear lever moving into gear with such reckless abandon. No cars coming - great slammed it into first the car, the wheels my smile, my brothers nails embedded in the dash - it all came to life....I had my first 240Z. On the first right turn The passenger side door flew open, Dave was almost forced to do a shoulder roll...it like many things I found out didn't work. A week later I had a date, a hot date. IT was a Friday night - I looked fine - I mean my game was tight. My next revelation wasn't learnt while driving, nor even cornering @ speed. It was while parked in traffic - it started to rain and leak right thru the closed sunroof - down my back. NOT HAPPY. Couple of other incidents left my zeale for the marque wettened to say the least. Like the time the wipers stopped working and my sister and I had to drive home in the blanketing rain with our heads out each window...my skin was the best it had been in a long time - it was radiant. For me though the final straw was when I tried to do something about it. The number of panel shops that laughed in my face saying " why would you bother - it's just an old Datsun", nup mate don't touch those things. Again in hindsight I should probably thanks those many many individuals that tried to talk me out of it, it was them that strengthened my resolve to achieve what I knew was possible with just a little persiverance.

Needless to say I now avoid 240'z with sunroofs if a can avoid it. In a climate as humid as the one I find myself in, any part of the car below the roof simply rusts away in Brisbane - certainly not overnight but give it time, a hot date and a Friday evening parked in traffic.

Come one gents holla back with your horror stories that make these cars so endearing.

BBALLS

can you pm me a price for the following:

* frp hood, hatch and fenders (and just out of interest the carbon fibre ones as well). If the hatch comes with acrylic window that would be even better :P.

* any pics of your flares? are they the zg style?

What are the individual weights of the hood, hatch and fenders?

cheers

I'am also interested in the fibreglass guards/nosecones/bonnet.. do they mount up like standard ones?

I need rust repair sections for both bottom front guards,

and the sills-ie about 30cm in front of the wheel and the whole sill behind the wheel.

Do you do the front crossmember-ie the one that the horns are bolted to?

all bits for 260z 2+2

I'amin toowoomba so frieght shouldnt be to scarey

can you please PM the prices

I don't do the crossmember. For the rust replacemet sections you need I have just dropped a quantity off to Allan Stean @ the Z car shop, so give him a call on 07 3808 2755. Were you interested in a vented or solid bonnet ? I'm abit unclear on what you mean by the nosecone. The gaurds are sold out, so I will have to lay some newby's up soon. I'm beggining to think there are a couple of zedophiles up on the range these day's You arent by any chance the proud new owner of a gold V6 powered turbo Z are you ?

BBALLS

BBALLS

Got any pictures of the stuff you make? and prices. PM or email.

I saw the photo of the lower front air damn form the other post.

I have rust in my lower guards that has been repaired by the PO, but not very well on the drivers side (see photo).

I'm still stripping mine back to bare metal, so no doubt i'll be uncovering some more not so great repairs. The rear right quater tooks to have been replaced, and the area around the tail light is a bit banged up. Also I have a very ugly sunroof that i want to get rid of.

post-1278-14150792811577_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by drunkenmaster

Do you make or do you plan to make the rear dogleg infront of the rear wheels?

If so could you PM me a price as well as the price of the sills.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you can get the sill dogleg from Rare Spares.

https://rsp-secure.com/shop/Search%20Products/toc.asp?car_type=34A&model=240Z - 260Z