IGNORED

Rust Replacement Parts

BBALLS

Hello from Brisbane all...

I am currently trying to gauge whether or not there is enough interest in the fabrication of some replacement parts for the Z.

If you havent already guessed my passion is for the old 2 seater Z's I currently fabricate the entire SILL area aswell as the FENDER BOTTOM for the front fenders and the INTERNAL HATCH area that runs above the rear tailights. But ... I am about to tackle the floors which as I"m sure you can imagine requires quite a degree of tooling. Is anyone outthere interested in a pair ? Also I have just finished my moulds for the FIBREGLASS BONNET, HATCH & FLARES, again these are available in CARBON FIBRE @ additional cost to the purchaser.

I am currently working on a rather radically vented bonnet in fibreglass to ease my own underbonnet temps.

0403 21 6969

How many would you like? I am currently working on the section under the battery but the radius curve of the panel is proving to be a thorn in my side. Won't be long now though...

Holla back !

All sounds interesting. Shipping would be a killer to the US though. I agree that the battery tray area would be a HUGE hit! There's nobody out there doing it. The floorpans are available from Zed Findings so people on this contenent may shop there as shipping would probably be much less. I wish I knew how to do this kind of work, I have often thought that producing the battery tray area would be a nice way to support my Z expenses. :)

Please do keep us informed as to your progress, what you have to sell and how much it would cost us.

Actually, I like this idea as well. A replacement battery tray is definitely a plus. Make it so people need to drill holes through the lower area and provide stainless bolts with rubber bushings to block the holes. Hell, make the whole thing out of stainless steel.

What we need is for one of us to hit the lottery. A hundred million or so, no need to go overboard. Then he or she could tool up every unibody panel of the S-30 model range. Stamp out a hundred year supply and we'll be fine.

Ok, lets get cracking on this guys! everybody buy a ticket this Saturday.

you can make a new roof??? I have one of those aftermarket sunroofs, but I need a new one. Its pretty beat up. I'm a decent wrench, but a novice at bodywork. How expensive is it to get a new roof ( i guess welded) installed??