IGNORED

HELP>>>funny engine sounds

Cuong Nguyen

I'd have to agree with the cam/valves assesment.

It might be just me, but it almost sounds like he has more than one valve hitting a piston... has the cam timing been verified? I'm just wondering if it has jumped timing on one or both cams......:disappoin

First thing to do is pull the plugs and see if or which one has signs of damage, this may tell which cylinder or cylinders are the problem if something like a valve seat has been bouncing around on top of the piston.

Then verify the cam timing.

If that fails to show anything out of th eordinary, it's time to pull the head and get a good look.

I wouldn't run that engine any more... it already sounds expensive enough.....:(

As a side note, you ought to pull the intake and exhaust off the turbo as well to see if the impellers are damaged, if anything did go through the cylinder, you know where it will end up doing damage last.......It's a slim chance, but it could be the turbo impellers.... any oil showing around the exhaust?

Has he checked the turbo flange gasket?

It does sound a bit like my L28ET did when I blew this gasket a while back.

On second thought, it sounds much more horrible than that.

My pre-listening cringing was warranted....