IGNORED

New gas wont start

Wally

Pretty sure that the spacer is described in that thread I posted.  You'll have to work your way through it.  If I recall right some pumps didn't have the correct distance from the eccentric or they didn't pump correctly within the range of motion of the arm.

Stick it in its spot and see when the arm contacts the eccentric.  You'll have to spin the engine a little bit by hand to get on and off the bump.  If the arm moves through much of its motion on the base circle that might be a sign that you need the spacer.

The spacer might also be part of the heat reduction program.  There's a document in the Downloads area about that.

carpartsmanual just shows gaskets.  Don't know how thick they are.  SteveJ has replied.  Posting blind!!!

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/engine-240z-260z/fuel-pump-tube/mechanical

2 hours ago, Wally said:

Here is new fuel pump from oreillys. Not oem. Did they make these with a spacer built in? Dont have an oem pump to compare to. Or is this same as oem ones and needs a spacer 

CDFB3012-626B-4F1E-9BD1-9C3038419EB4.png

Thats the one with phillips head screws on top. I've been trying to get one for years but I can only get the "ufo" looking stamped metal one. They work good but I'm on #2 since 2015. Both from o'Reilly. They were the only local pickup I could get.

I beleive your's is a GBM maybe? It's the closest to OE I've seen.

Ztherapy.com will have the spacer you need.

Seems like ZCD might not understand thermal conductivity.  Strange.

DescriptionNew fuel pump insulator spacer for Datsun 240Z and 260Z cars with mechanical fuel pumps. This spacer has two functions, one is to get the correct spacing for the fuel pump arm to the eccentric on the camshaft and the 2nd purpose is to insulate the fuel pump from heat.  One gasket is required on each side of the spacer.  Choose from phenolic plastic or billet aluminum.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Yes, it would be interesting to hear where @dutchzcarguy has found someone selling discontinued NOS fuel pumps.

About 7 years back i had the opportunity to buy a set of 3.. those were the last ones orig nissan.. I think these pumps are for a laurel Datsun 2400.. they look the same as a 240z fuelpump and are compatible!  I have 2 for sale at 350 euro a piece.. yes i know not cheap but as you guys say.. find one.. sorry.. 

IMG-20161118-WA0007.jpg

20161118_142032.jpg

IMG-20161118-WA0010.jpeg

I looked the partnumber up and it is a Laurel pump.. If you want you can use a old top on the new pump as the only difference is the fuel out- (or in-?) let. 

Price is also so high because i hate to send stuff to the states.. it feels like bringing water to the see.. 😫

Edited by dutchzcarguy