IGNORED

Still struggling with car at idle after 8 years

jalexquijano

16 hours ago, psdenno said:

Cliff, start pouring.....

Come on guys. Get serious! Im taking the car for a spin and leaving it on idle for 20 mins so you can judge those plugs for yourself. What else do you need to know from this car? Is dual electric fan and new bigger radiator the solution?

On 11/20/2022 at 6:41 PM, Patcon said:

As I recall it doesn't foul all the plugs. Just the one

This is what came to my mind also.  Plug #4?  It's a single cylinder problem.  Changing things to fix one cylinder will affect the other cylinders.

Also remember it has a performance cam.  And it's a CA Datsun engine.

If it was mine, I'd find a used stock unmolested engine and swap it in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 11/20/2022 at 3:15 PM, jalexquijano said:

He even sold me the valve seals and told me that wasnt necessary. Car has good compression. I guess there is a piece of the puzzle we are missing.

So did you replace the valve seals?  I think I would have by now. New does not mean they got installed correctly.

I believe if oil fouled, it is coming from the head. Also again just number 4 cylinder or all 6? 

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2022 at 4:20 PM, Mark Maras said:

@jalexquijano I'm still not clear if all the plugs are fouling or just #4. Or if #4 is the first one to foul followed by the others. Please clarify.

Problem came back. 3 to 4 minutes idling in stop and go traffic. Engine started misfiring, pulled the spark plugs and there you have the result.

20230219_122452.jpg

IMG-20230219-WA0022.jpeg

20230219_122146.jpg