IGNORED

Turn Signals - Stumped

gotham22

Any chance it's the bulb(s) or their sockets?  When you say "don't work" do you mean no light at all, or no flashing?

I'd put a meter on the pins in the bulb socket.  Sometimes they look okay but don't actually contact the bulb terminals.  Plus you can test power supply and ground.  A look at the wiring diagram will show which pins do which.

• Like 1

Why not bypass the switch and see if the turn signal circuit works otherwise. Power comes from the flasher unit (White to Green?), the switch sends it to the G/B or G/R depending on position. Jump the Power from flasher to the G/B and see if it flashes - then on to the G/R...

I think I got it.  Originally I stated I bypassed the hazard switch by jumping GY - G in  C7.  Turn signals did not work.  Then I connected c7 back and put in the new relay and it still didn't work.  Since I am positive this relay is good I tried jumping the wires in C7 again. Now it works!!  Seems like I have a bad hazard switch and a bad flasher relay.

You guys are awesome!  Thanks for the advice.  This was my last fix.  After 3.5 years I can get it back on the road!!

• Like 1

Spoke to soon.

Hazards work, turn signals do not when wires are not jumped at c7.  I pulled the hazard switch apart to see what is wrong. Connectors look fine, no corrosion.  I ran continuity tests on the switch side wires to the board and all checked out. On the board  I can jump the hazards and get them to work but I can not jump the turn signals.  

With the ignition in the on position the dash side connector green wires both have power.   Where can I look next?

2022-08-07 17_36_26-IMG_6079.JPEG ‎- Photos.png

2022-08-07 17_23_55-Untitled - Paint.png

2022-08-07 17_59_57-IMG_6081.JPEG ‎- Photos.png

IMG_6082.JPEG

I haven't followed the whole thread but the wiring diagram shows a different power supply and a different output through the Hazard switch, for turn signal versus four way flashers.  You're either not getting power or you're not getting output from the Hazard switch. I would confirm power in on G, then power out on GY, right at the Hazard switch, firstly.

image.png

image.png

ok, I got it this time.  Finally! I started my troubleshooting over from scratch.

1)Jumped G and GY at C7 again for a sanity check to make sure the turn signals worked. They did.

2) Took apart the hazard switch and cleaned up all the connections. Tested it with a multimeter and found no issues.

3) Connected G and GY from c7 directly to my switch. This worked

Problem was somewhere with the wires that connects C7 to my switch.  Ohms test was fine on all the wires.  Although I did not see any corrosion, I once again cleaned the male and female connections.  Then I sprayed it with deoxit.  Reconnected everything and now I have both hazards and turn signals working!

Damn this was not an easy one with two separate issues.  Thanks all for the help. Couldn't have done it without your help

c7-switch.png

• Like 2