IGNORED

Slowest car forum on the internet - CZC.com

Zed Head

Well when I first saw the title I thought it meant the activity here was slow,

Guess not, eh?

For me, my innernet connection at home sucks, it is ADSL, which was pretty good 16 years ago, but with today’s web experience that leverages the high speed fiber optic experience that most people have, most web pages are slow for me.

The kicker is that Comcast hung brand new fiber in my area a few years ago, but it stops about a mile from my house. They say thee aren’t enough customers on the dead end road we live on to justify the expense to bring it that last mile.

Greedy bastards.

When I am on my phone, in town, everything is blazing fast. Even in The Big Shed, which is essentially a giant faraday cage, but the company has an AT&T network inside, so great throughput.

• Like 1

Off topic - I had to build a Faraday cage from copper mesh to get a CD player to work way back when.  You could hear the local radio station on the land line in our apartment, the complex was right next to an antenna.  (I am not sure how that worked either since it should have needed a tuner.  But the voices were there...).  I bought a CD player, took it home, loaded it up (one of those 6 at a time jobbies), and it wouldn't play.  I took it back to the store and they tried it and it played.  Took it home, still didn't work.  The radio over the phone line had always bothered me so it was in mind.  I had access to copper mesh so built a tube of mesh around the CD player and it worked.  One of those weird things where book learning actually had real world value.  Never actually figured out which component was affected.  

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

The free money days are over for Covid and I have a mortgage plus a Datsun diZease. LOL

This turned my world upside down for almost 2 weeks and I was only sick for 48 hours. 

Rough when you have a job that you can't do from home when you have to quarantine and feel well enough to get on with life.  

• Agree 1

Happy to hear your OK Cliff, Do you know if it was the omicron variant?  or delta?  If you did'nt loose taste i believe you had the omicron..

Btw..

ON topic.. @Mike I don't complain about the slow site, i'm here on a free ride and glad that i can do this for free! (i'm sitting home now for almost 22 years.. can't do much anymore so i'm glad to communicate with you guys about the hobby.)  But i have not seen a reaction on here from you Mike since Zedhead started this topic..  Is there nothing you can do about it?  Just asking.. i just clicked a topic and it just did'nt load ever.. then this topic and it loaded on the spot.. this is weird to say the least.. is'nt it?

Hey Cliff.. i can imagine how happy you were when you could go to work! I wish i could to but i'm "o3" forever......  (Yeah i wanted to use a abriv.. 😉 ) 

• Like 2