IGNORED

[2022] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

My ‘75Z has been languishing for the last two years, but, now I’m on a mission to finish refurbishing it.  Well, it’s more accurate to say that I’m now willing to pay to have the remaining work done.  I’m getting old. LOL

Yesterday, my mechanic finished installing set of Koni struts to replace the original struts from ‘75.  Huge improvement over those old struts.  

My mechanic is currently going through the used 5-speed I picked up a few years ago and hopefully, it’ll be installed in a couple of weeks, along with a lightened flywheel and a new clutch kit.  We’re also talking about a new exhaust system.  And then there’s that used 3.90:1 diff I picked up with the 5-speed…

• Like 2

I installed some Wesco Roadster seat belts in the 240Z yesterday. They replaced some other Wesco belts that anchored at 3 points. I installed those probably 17 or 18 years ago.

With the new belts in place, it was time to go to a car meet. Overall, about 9 or 10 Z cars showed up, but they were scattered about the meet. It was beautiful weather and a great way to spend a Sunday morning.

20220605_075438.jpg

• Like 3