IGNORED

[2022] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Ran up the odometer a little today, the weather here is perfect, but not before doing something really stupid. 

I was in a rush to change the oil this morning and forgot it was in neutral. Went to jack the center flat on the crossmember. Got it pretty high and CU-THUNK. The cup on the jack came off and up between the pan and the torsion bar. Put a little dent in the front of the pan but didn't puncture it so all is well except I'm pissed at myself. "Could've been worse" is my go to now. LOL

• Wow 1
  • Sad 3

I have been driving the 240Z so much lately that I wanted to take the 260Z out. You can't have them feeling neglected, right? There was a car meet half an hour away. I had the only Z, but it wasn't the only Nissan. There were a couple of JDM Skylines, a Roadster, and a GTR. (Does a G35 count?😉 )

20220424_154813.jpg20220424_162554.jpg20220424_162701.jpg20220424_153821.jpg

• Like 3

It's Mitty weekend at Road Atlanta. I spent a few minutes with Greg Ira and Scott Hyatt in the paddock after their first qualifying session. Greg was top dog in that session. He may have shown his hand too soon.

20220429_081527.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure who drove the rubber bumper wonder. It might not have been a club member. One of our members sometimes shows up in an old Beetle, but that car was inherited.

As for the multi-colored S130, that car is for mosquito control. Once he fires it up, the smoke kills those little buggers for at least 3 counties. 

• Haha 3

For the first time in the 51 years I've been pumping gas into the tank of my 240Z, today it got to try some $6.09 a gallon gasoline.  It's got to be better than the 25¢ a gallon gas I used to give it in 1971.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, psdenno said:

For the first time in the 51 years I've been pumping gas into the tank of my 240Z, today it got to try some $6.09 a gallon gasoline.  It's got to be better than the 25¢ a gallon gas I used to give it in 1971.

The racing fuel I was using in my race Z usually ran $8 to $10 a gallon. Eventually I went to the local airport and picked up 100 octane low lead for about $6 a gallon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racer X said:

The racing fuel I was using in my race Z usually ran $8 to $10 a gallon. Eventually I went to the local airport and picked up 100 octane low lead for about $6 a gallon.

I used to run that in my boat, seems like it was 110 octane and was twice price of pump gas for cars. Is it still green?

25 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I used to run that in my boat, seems like it was 110 octane and was twice price of pump gas for cars. Is it still green?

Blue.

It is dyed so it can readily identified by the tax cops looking for people who are trying to avoid road taxes.

The racing gasoline I used to buy is dyed purple.

Off road diesel (for tractors and heavy machinery) is dyed red for the same reason.

• Like 1