IGNORED

spray guns

Patcon

A comment on ebay:

by 

GUN GREAT REGULATER RUBBISH

the gun itself is a great bit of k TO STOP AIR it BUT THE PRESSURE REGULATER IS RUBBISH ITS PLASIC AND IT WLL NOT TIGHTEN UP ENOUGH TO STOP AIR LEAKING ,HAD TO BUY ANOTHER WITH A METAL BODY ITS A PITY IT DID SPOIL A GOOD ITEM

Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New | Sold by: mdabitec

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this gun today

DEVILBISS 905043 Prolite Gravity HE TE10 TE20 1.2 1.3 1.4 Spray Gun Kit w/ Cup

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133769934729?epid=28045770277&hash=item1f254f3789:g:y80AAOSw9GRgq3iN

Eastwood had a good price but was $30 more on Black Friday than this seller. The seller on Ebay seems to sell all name brand stuff, so I went that way. I will verify it's an actual DeVilbiss when it gets here

• Like 3

I apprenticed at an automotive body shop as a teen, late 1960s, early 1970s. Learned the trade from a guy who made body and paint his life’s work. I’ve painted a lot of cars, pickups, big trucks, a couple of tractors, and dozens of refrigerators. 

I even painted my mailbox.

42595402721_61210d9a84_b.jpg

Good tools go a long way toward an acceptable result. I still own all the tools from then, and have added HVLP spray guns back when the paint systems changed.

Devilbiss is among the best, and all I own, both suction and HVLP.

The difference is in how the gun handles the material. A good spray gun will produce an even spray pattern, a cheap one will not.

Always clean the gun thoroughly after every use, especially with today’s catalyzed paints. Once they cure out, it is impossible to remove them from the passages inside the gun. Take good care of your equipment and it will reward you with good results for many years.

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I did get one of those nicer HF guns, and I'm sure it does a nicer job than the cheapo HF gun I was trying to use.  Since I'm spending well over $1000 on primer, paint, and clear, I thought something more than a $50 gun is justified.  But, my painting still is not good.  I don't think I can learn technique and skill from youtube videos, but they help.  I need a peloton of painting.

On 11/27/2021 at 9:00 AM, Richard McDonel said:

Racer X

Just finished painting my birdhouse.  White.  Made a mess.  Haven't the faintest idea how you did that mailbox.

The mailbox came powder coated black. I wet sanded it with 600. Then I taped off the flames, and shot the colors one at a time. I used two stage automotive base coat/clear coat paint. The color goes on and dries quickly, so each color can be done shortly after the previous one. By the time I had my gun cleaned and the next color mixed it was ready. After the colors were done I removed the masking, hand pinstriped a line around the flames, then mixed and shot the clear coat.

It has held up well, the picture was taken after about 12 years after the paint was laid down. I wash and wax it once a year.

My neighbors have all asked if I would paint their boxes, but shy away when I tell them how much it cost.

Edited by Racer X
  • Haha 1

Merry Christmas!

20211130_190700.jpg

If you buy a devilbiss and it doesn't have this security label, it's probably a fake.

20211130_190658.jpg

Such a pretty color!  SWMBO even liked it. 😉

20211130_190759.jpg

Looking forward to loading it up. It also has an included digital gauge, which I wasn't expecting.  Another nice thing about devilbiss guns, is many of them co.e with multiple tips. Which makes the really versatile.  Sata tips are like $150-$200 a pop!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Patcon said:

If you buy a devilbiss and it doesn't have this security label, it's probably a fake.

20211130_190658.jpg

Yeah.. but i think it's very sad that there are DeVILBISS guns that are completely fake.. they are a registrated trademark, can't they take those counterfeiters to court?

Edited by dutchzcarguy