IGNORED

Going to electric pump

siteunseen

I’m about to do the same set up with a big filter / regulator and a facet silver top in tandem with my mechanical pump.

a4a4516bb2260a78c9ec568e68082e94.jpg

My internet research has found that most aftermarket inertia switches can trip too easily, especially on track days.

But the modern Mini’s switch is very reliable and doesn’t trip with pot holes etc. Also placement is important. Vertically inside the car on the firewall appears to be ideal.

https://www.hubauer-shop.de/en/fuel-pump-emergency-off-switch-07131068856.html

Part no. 07131068856

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SteveJ said:

If you trust it enough for a 3 hour drive up this, I can help you with installing an electric fuel pump, Cliff. I have a lift and all of the tools to do the job right.

Heck, you could bring the dog, too. The wife and I like 4 legged guests. Our old girl might ignore your dog, though. She's pretty much to the resting most of the day stage in her life.

How's about me and the dog bring you some diet Mountain Dew and just chill out for a day or two? I'll bathe the dog and trim his nails so he doesn't ruin my 1972 seats or your furniture. We'll both sleep in the garage, he chases squirrels in his dreams, like restless legs syndrome. And me, I have night parasomnia. LOL

I've pretty much made up my mind on staying with the mechanical pumps, you know the saying "keep it simple" is one of my favorite decision making processes. It has worked out good so far. :love:

18 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

How's about me and the dog bring you some diet Mountain Dew and just chill out for a day or two? I'll bathe the dog and trim his nails so he doesn't ruin my 1972 seats or your furniture. We'll both sleep in the garage, he chases squirrels in his dreams, like restless legs syndrome. And me, I have night parasomnia. LOL

I've pretty much made up my mind on staying with the mechanical pumps, you know the saying "keep it simple" is one of my favorite decision making processes. It has worked out good so far. :love:

Cliff, you're welcome to come visit just to hang out. That goes for the doggo, too. Maybe we can convince Randy to spend a day at his shop, and we can have a Z overdose day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[mention=32052]AK260[/mention], that looks a lot like the one I've been thinking about using.  I'm looking at the Malpassi Filter King Fuel Pressure Regulator & Gauge Clear Glass Bowl.

image.png.cd269f746b1fd4e0ad678caa19fd289f.png

Yep! That’s exactly it. Been thinking about It for 3 years and finally ordered it. I saw installed it in a friend’s car at the weekend and it looks period correct in any classic car. The “glass” though is plastic - which is a good thing if you think about it.

Hope the Site-mister gets his pump sorted out! Oh and his fuelling too.

b98a8549d02675a03d8fc3b09ad66343.jpg
  • Haha 2

[mention=32052]AK260[/mention], that looks a lot like the one I've been thinking about using.  I'm looking at the Malpassi Filter King Fuel Pressure Regulator & Gauge Clear Glass Bowl.

image.png.cd269f746b1fd4e0ad678caa19fd289f.png

Ps. Mine arrived just now and it is indeed glass!

fc97ed6d62a3167e1cf0204360e5470c.jpg

This came in too! When the wife asks, I’m blaming Cliff!!
a066f4e6fc9725bff89cf545d9c89637.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1