IGNORED

Overheating & EGR Delete

SupremeCling

On 9/10/2021 at 3:17 PM, Reptoid Overlords said:

Dayum

Those Jenvey's look really nice. And way cheaper than Mikuni

Any experience with them? 

On 9/10/2021 at 2:46 PM, Patcon said:

The factory system is very primitive. A modern efi system with closed loop fueling is miles ahead of the original system. Yes, a complete new system. Very similar to triple mikunis but triple throttle bodies instead. Look up Jenvey's

I really might go that direction.

It would be hard to abandon my vision for the car. Maybe ill just come back to it in the future

That is one of the greatest things about these S30s. You can continue to work on them and change them

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Follow Up:

On the 18th of September, I began to work on EGR after receiving the EGR Delete Kit.

The install of the plate was simple. Although, I believe I might have taken a bit too much off the manifold when using a Dremel to try and remove the caked on gasket. But that wont matter, because I will likely have to remove the Intake Manifold now...

I soaked the nut/bolt that holds the EGR pipe to the Exhaust Manifold several times in several de-locking treatments. The head still broke off because the piece is likely rust welded into the manifold. So now I need to manage that issue.

I am thinking of just going straight for headers and upgrading the exhaust system all together. Of course I am entertaining all thoughts and would love your feedback!