IGNORED

So many problems , Don't know where to start ....

PastorKB

Thanks for the information Zed, 

Here is where i am today , I pulled the Dizzy and looked it over I figure welp at the very least I need to get the moister and dirt out of there. 

Below are the pictures of what it looked like , as I started to dissemble it I noticed it had been messed with the screws were rounded and the bottom pin was burred. 

After taking everything apart  and cleaning all the parts put in the new ignition module i purchased in anticipation of this issue , I resembled it to see if it helped , or at the very least to send out to get rebuilt. 

when I put it back in the car voila I GOT SPARK! I have fuel pressure ....... but its still not running . a little fuel in the intake manifold and hot dog shes running . so now i have to chase down the fuel issue. 

side note the dizzy did have a broke magnet and it will need to be replaced the little bearings also were cruddy, once i get her up and running again I would take her on any long trips with out fixing those parts better. 

Again thanks for all the input guys . 

20210828_151956.jpg

20210828_154442.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

I've wondered if the broken magnet was a show stopper.  Apparently not.

Make sure the blue wire is connected to the negative terminal.  It's Pin 1 trigger to the ECU for the injectors.  Counts sparks then opens them up.

LOL yea im was wondering about the magnet as well . I wonder if that part is available anywhere .  I will double check that on the blue wire . I believe i put them back the way it came off , but i could have mixed them up as well . 

Have a Blessed night 

Your distributor looks like it's in rough shape and needs attention.  Good luck finding that magnet.  I searched from here to Japan and only found it to be "nla".  I located a good 78 280z distributor along with the GM, HEI parts.  It's an easy install and it all worked well.  There are rebuilt 280z distributors out there, for not a bunch of dollars, if you do some digging. 

Greeting all. I joined this forum but have not spent much time on it. I have re-designed the plastic bearing retainer that is broken in your distributor. I sell them for 2.00. Here is a picture of my broken retainer, an origional and my re-designed retainer. I removed all the week spots and beefed up the holes where the ball bearing sit. This will fit any 4 or 6 cylinder matchbox distributor. HAS TO BE A MATCHBOX DISTRIBUTOR. I have these posted on another Z site or if you search 280zx distributor repair kit you will find my story. Good luck.

20201005_141803.1.jpg

Edited by kickstand80
  • Like 2

My bearing retainer is 3D printed out of hi temp ABS by a small specialty engineering and production facility, Gizmonics.biz  . If anyone is interested you can just send me an email at:

chaug@bis.midco.net OR text me at:    seven,sero,1-4,7,one-one,5,THREE,4

My paypal is my above email address and is the only way I accept payment. 

25.00 includes shipping

I had a batch of 100 made and have sent them all over the country. Comes with the retainer and 3 new bearings.

Craig Haug 

Mandan, ND

Edited by kickstand80

thanks so much for the post Kick , I may be mistaken , but the retainer on my Dizzy is made out if metal. it hold two bearings in each arm. the little piece of gasket material in my pic was in between the magnet housing and the vac advance plate. 

I looked on your post as well , do you have any magnets left?

There is a metal one on the bottom of the bearing plate and a plastic one sandwiched between the plates. I do have a few magnets. My Japan magnet source dried up thou. I am pursing a possible method of making them but everything takes time and $$$$$$$$$$$$. 

There is currently a broken magnet on ebay for 19.00 plus 12.45 shipping in Ft. Lauderdale.

30.00 for the magnet and 25.00 for the bearing retainer. Shipping included.

Edited by kickstand80