IGNORED

Where connections go to

Wally

• 3 weeks later...

got the fusible link and and installed. Few more wiring questions

1) In image one, can someone confirm my hookups on alternator. These are the way it was on old one when i removed. However, new alternator

has bolts on side for something but i dont see anything to connect. Is it just an extra i dont need?

2) My new horn hookups. I have two spade connector on bottom of each horn and one yellow wire coming from each horn. So i am assuming 3 wires go to each. Not sure what wire

goes where though. Tried to take some images to show wires i have. In the middle image is a green and black wire that are long enough to go to either horn. In driver image one wire appears 

to be green and other black.

any help on the horns is appreciated

1.jpg

passenger side.jpg

middle.jpg

driver side.jpg

Edited by Wally

Looks like a late model alternator that he swapped pulleys on.  That extra bolt could be a mounting lug that fits a slotted bracket on a different model of car.

Here's an example of a "B" molded in to the case showing where the battery charging cable connects.  Look for those.  "E" is Earth, meaning ground. 

You can also use a meter and see if the lug is grounded to the case or not.  The lug looks insulated though, more like it is the battery connection.  Better get that right before you go too far.

ZCD generates a lot of new parts and not all of them are the greatest (see brake kits).  Also known for not supplying instructions with his new products (see brake kits).  Good luck and be careful. 

p.s. I'm not saying that he sells bad products.  Just that extra work can be required to get them to work correctly.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

Thanks all. The voltage connector is connected with no problem. already had the connectors for it ready. I just looked with a flashlight and that side lug has a B, for battery

i am guessing which mean i move the white&red wire over there. The original connector is too small for that bolt so will need to

put bigger connector on. shouldnt be an issue i wouldnt think.  Didnt see any other letters like E (ground) just gonna use the one i have it 

hooked up to in image.

I have bought a lot from different places. ZCD has NO PHONE and is slow if they respond to email at all however their website is up to date on inventory. Motorsports will pick the phone

up and help you really well....its just their website stinks. Last week i had about 1400 in an order with them (all listed in stock) after waiting and then calling them

only 2 items ($40 bucks worth) were really in stock.