IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

Okay the Exedy clutch and Fidanza fly wheel arrived yesterday.
I’ve decided to attempt to pull the engine and transmission as one unit. I’m going to use neither (engine or transmission again). I have a 280zx transmission I cracked open last summer and many of you help in that endeavor (EuroDat, Zed Head, And Dave WM to name a few). It was like a primitive ape looking at the inside of a iPhone....clueless.
I think my current transmission has issues so this is the most efficient path forward. I need (want) to paint the transmission to match my block first.
Question regarding motor mounts. What’s the consensus? Do these need to be replaced when I swap engines or is there some inspection that determines their usability? Had not thought of that but I know many other cars these mounts needs periodic replacement. My Dad used to have a 944 and that thing ate Motor Mounts every 50k miles it seamed. That was a great great car BTW.
This is me when I was 18 driving my Dads 944. What a car for an 18 year old kid....dangerous, what was my Dad thinking
66a87a417d8bbeb11b7601efd698903f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You cool with those "bo bo slaps" and Vaurnets.
1851147233_Screenshot_20210724-132631_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f376197c411fabf12cc31a2399f91f0e.jpg

Yep, those were a pair of Vans that had been shredding up the streets on my skateboard. Back then if you worn new stuff people called you a poser...I had to maintain my image. That’s exactly what those glasses were...top shelf back then. I weighed maybe a 115 lbs. Somehow I’m the same height and weigh 60lbs more today.
Okay...ordering motor mounts today.

Side note: I crashed that car in 1990. Ran into a Jersey Barrier on sharp turn on a icy road in Boston. Dad almost killed me. But it was repaired and looked and drove like new again. If I could find that car today I’d buy it back.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that it was realized a while ago that most motor mounts come from the same place.  You can get them at your local parts store.

The good ones come with the nuts tacked on.  The others just have holes and you have to supply hardware.  Might be worth a trip to the local store to see what's what.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/engine-parts---mounts/engine-mounts/engine-mount/31470ece703c/v/a/6635/automotive-car-1976-nissan-280z?q=motor+mount'

Yeah get them local so if the pin doesn't line up. 280s are okay from everything I've read, it's the 240s that need modifying or big bucks from Nissan.

I wore my Vans all the way through then put Shoe Goo on them. They were not allowed in my Mom's house and I immediately had to go sit on the edge of the tub and wash the stank off. Chuck Taylors too but I liked Van HI 8s.

Vaurnets and Members Only jackets. Guaranteed poon tang! LOL

Still got mine!

20210724_161739.jpg

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

T-shirt?
20210724_162552.thumb.jpg.a55734cfe66c664cfbef2fb2a48fa613.jpg

That’s a legit Old School one...amazing you kept it. I bought a new one Gator 2 years ago to ride with my kids. Boards are different these days. My son’s is on the left. My squadron gave me the one on the right.
c3f1ac48adfde503b597835a617db6c4.jpg

• Like 1