IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

7 hours ago, Racer X said:

When I was in Roanoke, Virginia a guy there accused me of being Canadian, said I had an accent.

I always get the phrase "You ain't from around here, are ya boy?

Cliff knows the interpretation - ya better state your business before I introduce you to my Winchester.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SteveJ said:

"eh" is Canadian for "You know what I mean?"

6 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I took it to mean "in agreement with" which is the same as you say but different words. 6 of one 1, half a dozen of the other, eh?

Pretty much, eh?

Pretty versatile, like the Norwegian “uf da!”

And I’m gonna use it in my next post so av8ferg doesn’t think we’re hijacking his engine swap thread, eh?

2 hours ago, wal280z said:

I always get the phrase "You ain't from around here, are ya boy?

It always sounds like, “Y’all ain’t fum aroun’ heah, are yew?

I didn’t find people in the South any more or less disagreeable than any other part of North America, including the six Canadian provinces I’ve visited and worked in.

eh?

• Haha 1

Well, I meant 1/2” drive impact. 3/4 would be crazy!! I don’t have a torch to try heating it up and area too tight without blowing out a knuckle and getting a good cut. Goal is no injuries on this engine change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Many things will be exposed when the engine is out that would otherwise be hard to get to.  Something to consider.  Steering rack, brake lines, fuel and vent lines, wiring stuff, clutch hoses, speedo cable, yadayada...

• Like 2

Found some nice gifts in my transmission gear oil when I drained it. It explains the odd noises coming from it. 4a17330af5407e375155f9654ffa7e7b.jpg

4c613d8bffc1c06dca440ac18e1b323e.jpg

Glad I have a spare 5 speed on hand. I’m have to cut the exhaust pipe, the impact wrench didn’t do a thing to the bolts. Hacksaw time!

• Sad 1

Found some nice gifts in my transmission gear oil when I drained it. It explains the odd noises coming from it. 4a17330af5407e375155f9654ffa7e7b.jpg

4c613d8bffc1c06dca440ac18e1b323e.jpg

Glad I have a spare 5 speed on hand. I’m have to cut the exhaust pipe, the impact wrench didn’t do a thing to the bolts. Hacksaw time!

Side note: got delayed on Z work today. My neighbor pulled up in the new Bronco and he let me take it for a spin. Drives nice, lots of plastic, don’t like the displays . $51k on the sticker. [emoji2369]
e2d6476c198e631be7ff794f4020969a.jpg

• Like 1

Do you have a Bernz-o-Matic?  For $15 you can get a MAPP gas bottle and a torch.  Heat will almost always help manifold nuts come loose.  Get them glowing red.  If you cut it off and plan to reuse the manifold, you will still have to remove the nuts later.