IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

We never wore helmets...you might get beat up if you did. Today it’s mandatory. We had a 13 year old hit his head skateboarding a few years ago in my neighborhood. He died in the Ambulance due to being intimated into his stomach. Very sad. We know the family. His family set up a foundation.

https://www.doitfordrew.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Plywood and steel wheels purloined from street skates in the early sixties. Sixty years later a few of the old memories (scars) remain and remind me of the good old days of adrenaline fueled afternoons and the painful recoveries.

Mark you were the pioneers. The Lewis and Clark of skating.

• Like 2

We may have been pioneers but we were crazy to do that. Steel wheels on asphalt and concrete had little to no cornering capability or control. We thought ourselves to be bulletproof back then but we were little more than passengers on a gravity express. No slalom course, just a schuss to see if we could stay on till the bottom of the hill. Frequently, we didn't. The adrenaline addiction stayed with me for years

• Agree 1

Just my $0.02 worth regarding mounting the intake and exhaust before  you put the engine in the car. I have never found it to be a fun thing to do bent over the fender trying to get one of the exhaust bolts/nuts on right. For me it's much easier to do it on a stand where I can rotate the engine to gain the best possible angle (notice best possible not the best angle). In the course of a race season I might have an engine in/out 3-4 times. Even a single swap is done the same way.  Blew  head gasket at Summit Point in May, swapped in the back-up motor and am waiting on a new head gasket so I can do The Glen with a few more HP in October.

Edited by gnosez
  • Like 2

Just my $0.02 worth regarding mounting the intake and exhaust before  you put the engine in the car. I have never found it to be a fun thing to do bent over the fender trying to get one of the exhaust bolts/nuts on right. For me it's much easier to do it on a stand where I can rotate the engine to gain the best possible angle (notice best possible not the best angle). In the course of a race season I might have an engine in/out 3-4 times. Even a single swap is done the same way.  Blew  head gasket at Summit Point in May, swapped in the back-up motor and am waiting on a new head gasket so I can do The Glen with a few more HP in October.

So, I have already mounted my intake and header. I have one small problem. One of the upper intake bolts is partially stripped. It will lightly tighten but when I torque it it spins. Can’t spin by hand. So I can try and tap it bigger not or wait and see if it holds. It’s my fault it stripped. It wasn’t sitting flat when I originally mounted the intake manifold the bottom was hanging up on part of the header and was off flat by 1/8” of an inch.
Question2: Do I need a new transmission mount ? Again is it one of those items that should just be replaced. I found an OEM one for $88 for aftermarket for about $43. Not sure if there is a difference like the engine mounts.