IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

1 minute ago, Av8ferg said:

Okay makes sense. Those pins came with the flywheel. I’m going to pull of the ones from my old engine and see what they sit like. The pins are stepped also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have calipers?  If so, measure the OE pin diameter and the new pin diameter and see if they match.  When you say they are stepped, does the step sit flush with the flywheel?  If not, the PP will sit on the step and never seat against the flywheel.  

The old ones are not coming out without destroying them. If you loo at the ones that came with the Fidanza flywheel you will see they’re stepped. When fully seated you can see the step. Well the Exedy pressure plate won’t go over the step. So i think I may have to open up the hole on the plate to be able to fit pins through the pressure plate. Just to be clear there is no space that is supposed to between the flywheel and the plate mounting surface. I know it sounds like a dumb question because that would make no sense not just be 100% clear 4f48b8c11d921d2a14cd1bc3b0c266ec.jpg

2 minutes ago, EuroDat said:

Not sure, but is the dowel in far enough? I thought the dowel shoulder was flush with the flywheel surface. The shoulder prevents the dowel falling out once the pressure plate is fitted. Now the pressure plate is riding on the dowel shoulder.

Edited by EuroDat
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's your problem.  They are bottomed out in the flywheel, right?  Do the pressure plate holes match the smaller diameter of the dowels, or are they loose?  

Yes, they’re bottomed put, and yes the align perfectly. I’ve decided to shorten them with my grinder from 14mm to 10mm. The shoulder sticks out 4mm past flywheel surface af19d667765594f7e7d1d4091fd466b9.jpg
now. Was thinking like Chas that they would fly out if I just bored out the pressure plate holes and be bouncing around the tranny bell housing. 24b39dacd97eb294542199ab4fd1082a.jpg
They fit nicely ground down to 10mm

• Like 4

I can't believe Fidanza supplied dowels that are clearly the wrong ones for their flywheel.  I've never bought a Fidanza flywheel, so I can only assume they grabbed dowels from the wrong bin when they packaged it.
Glad shortening them worked.

I agree, everyone is looking for quality workers these days. Not an easy task. Where I work we are sort thousands of workers and we can’t fill the positions...not even close.

• Sad 1