IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

1 hour ago, Av8ferg said:

Okay, so after the intense power wash, it has revealed the areas I need to get painted. Everything you see in the pics is perfectly solid metal but the drivers side has had the painted stripped off exposing the bare metal which I assume it due to years of brake fluid leaking on this area which we know is corrosive and damages paint. I have bought matching 110 Red paint and will spray this area soon. I need to sand the metal clean and then get a coat of primer on here. I’m going to paint the entire drainers side engine bay frame rail. Passenger side it perfectly fine.
Anyone recommend a solid primer?

8c610f96134695c9e4c169b2be0024f2.jpg
f1e070be61c5539ef32a9b511c3856ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Patcon said, a good metal conversion primer with zinc in it.

• Like 1

dde5de4820abc654cff6146c03d9c37c.jpg
I’m a bit overwhelmed..... also I can’t build up the struts because Whitehead Performance has failed to deliver my springs and they won’t respond to emails or calls. I’m going to have to contest the change with Visa unless I get some response from them.
Anyone have ideas? Find another vendor? Right now the only one with them in stock is California Datsun and I’m hearing they suck too. Lastly I can cut my stock springs.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

dde5de4820abc654cff6146c03d9c37c.jpg
I’m a bit overwhelmed..... also I can’t build up the struts because Whitehead Performance has failed to deliver my springs and they won’t respond to emails or calls. I’m going to have to contest the change with Visa unless I get some response from them.
Anyone have ideas? Find another vendor? Right now the only one with them in stock is California Datsun and I’m hearing they suck too. Lastly I can cut my stock springs.

You could use Chevette springs and cut them to height. That works well. I would definitely do that before going to California Datsun.

• Like 1

You could use Chevette springs and cut them to height. That works well. I would definitely do that before going to California Datsun.

Wow and to think that finding a set of Chevette springs and cutting them is easier than dealing with California Datsun speaks loudly to the business’ lack of credibility/customer service

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Wow and to think that finding a set of Chevette springs and cutting them is easier than dealing with California Datsun speaks loudly to the business’ lack of credibility/customer service

I have not been impressed with the quality of what he has sold.

Anyway, the springs for Chevettes are getting harder to find. I bought them on Rockauto 7 years ago for about $40/pair.

Here's a thread where John Coffey was talking about it: