IGNORED

Website Update 4/11/2021

Side bar still there this morning on my ipad.

Same on my Win10 desktop with dual 27" hi-res monitors.

F7914F29-B4A7-4BD0-B5B3-A3B3390E3AE3.png

Edited by zKars

Ok thanks for checking.  I wanted to keep it enabled for desktops, but, disabled for tablets.  I think tablets are being considered the same as desktops and I'm trying to change that.  The setting must only work for phones.

m

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Ok thanks for checking.  I wanted to keep it enabled for desktops, but, disabled for tablets.  I think tablets are being considered the same as desktops and I'm trying to change that.  The setting must only work for phones.

m

My Samsung tablet is still the same.

Screenshot_20210414-185730.png

So I get a bunch of ads from eBay, and other mens products. which I understand. I also seem to get a lot of ads for women's bathing suits. That I don't understand. 

I really don't see a lot of women on this forum, so I am not sure who the target customer is for these ad's. 

Is it because of the Boobs thread that the advertisers think we would want to buy women's bathing suits for our significant others? 

I really don't care, but I see the ad's a lot and wonder who they are targeting. Anybody buy a bathing suit for their wife/girlfriend from these advertisers?

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 5.24.50 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

I went through the settings and was able to move the forum summary bar to the top.  Apparently it's not configurable to hide it while viewing on an iPad.  For some reason an iPad is considered the same as a computer screen.  Due to this fact, the summary bar on the right side isn't really the greatest addition.  Those of us with wide screens don't mind it so much, but it just doesn't look right on smaller resolutions.  Also discovered it cannot be made collapsible, so it has been shut off.

As far as ads, these will vary depending on a few different factors.  If the vendor is paying to put ads on car sites, if you have any kind of browsing history (cookies), and if they can't really determine an audience...  a lot of discussion around this already and it is what it is...  (I really cannot control it)

m

• Like 1

It's now using the whole width on my Samsung tablet. 😀

Btw I noticed a couple of days ago that when you held the tablet vertical the it would also go to the full width, but then change back when you held it in the horizontal position.

Screenshot_20210425-193048.png

25 minutes ago, EuroDat said:

Btw I noticed a couple of days ago that when you held the tablet vertical the it would also go to the full width, but then change back when you held it in the horizontal position.

Interesting, thanks for letting me know.  In that case it looks like the system is looking at screen width and not device type.  The resolution of your tablet must just be wide enough to consider it sufficient resolution to show the sidebar -- even if it's taking up 1/3 of the screen.  I really wish I could control the max width of the sidebar actually, but, alas I don't get that kind of control.