IGNORED

1970 240Z survivor on Hemmings Auctions

Zeeguy62

On 4/11/2021 at 7:39 AM, Zeeguy62 said:

I have the original clamps but did not want to possibly scratch the paint while installing!  The steering wheel cover was a factory authorized option in 70 and was installed by the dealer.

The steering wheel cover looks good. Interesting. Its just that back in the 1970's I never saw a 240Z with a steering wheel cover installed. They are more common now.

I worked in a Datsun dealership parts department and there was no Datsun supplied steering wheel option offered I ever saw.

Edited by gundee

So how do you start your 240Z? For 48 years on a cold engine start I pull the choke, hold the pedal to the floor and crank. Generally it fires within 4 seconds. On a warm engine I just have to touch the key and it starts right up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

So how do you start your 240Z? For 48 years on a cold engine start I pull the choke, hold the pedal to the floor and crank. Generally it fires within 4 seconds. On a warm engine I just have to touch the key and it starts right up.

For my 72 240 street car, and the 71 240 race car:

If a cold start, I set the choke, crank the key. If it doesn't fire right up I press the pedal down a bit, but not wide open. A cold start needs a rich mixture, so wide open leans it out.

For a warm start I just crank it up.

For the 75 280, and the 79 280ZX, I cranked, cold or hot, without touching anything but the key. They always fired right up. (Both cars have been parked out back for about 20 years, so who knows what they would do today.  :beer:  )

Edited by Racer X