IGNORED

Barefootdan's 280z Build

Barefootdan

Bought a bunch o parts from Zcardepot to get the engine refresh going. They should arrive today. Also picked up an engine stand, hoist, and leveler. 

Preparing to pull the block tomorrow and trying to decide where to hook up the chains as my head is already off. I plan to use the driver side bell housing bolt then unsure for the front passenger side. Any recommendations since my head is already removed?

Big milestone for me today! My first engine removal. Took about 2 hours solo. Zero issues along the way which was awesome. No seized bolts, no rounded bolts, nothing broke! I ended up using two water pump bolts for the front as I didnt have a short enough bolt for the head bolt holes. I cant wait to start cleaning this up and refreshing. Check out the spider nest in the bell housing 😨

Almost there.jpg

Out.jpg

Transmission.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Been slowly making more progress. the crank is fully out and the journals look surprisingly well in comparison to the rod bearings. I was worried for a bit...Next step is to drop the block off at a machine shop for a thorough cleaning. Unfortunately I will be out of town for the next month for summer so the build is on pause for now. AZ summers dont make it fun to work in the garage! It was 117 out yesterday