IGNORED

Barefootdan's 280z Build

Barefootdan

Some recent photos from the work I did over the week. As I mentioned before, I stripped that grimy wiring harness. Just did a quick electrical tape to get it back together. I forgot to take and after photo...oops!

Dirty Harness.jpg

Stripped Harness.jpg

Stripped Harness 2.jpg

And then I got around to some more floor pan cutting. Its ugly and theres still some pinhole rust, but I think the major cancer is out. I'll use the POR15 fiberfill for the small stuff and patch in a new sheet for the big cuts. The passenger pan near the firewall has another spot I may take out. But it is a bit more complex shape and curve. I dont want to go out of my abilities. And no, the floors arent fully surface rusted...I just didnt vacuum before I took the photo, hah!
Driver Pan.jpg

Passenger Pan.jpg

• Like 1

Get it all out or you will be doing it again.

Its easier to buy some floor pans and make a big rectangular hole. Then take a patch piece from the appropriate section of the floor pan. Butt weld, grind, prime. Pretty much an invisible repair

Totally agreed with both comments above. But at this time (and with my current budget), my main focus is getting the car driving. I fully understand it is not the cure, but it should last me a couple years before I do a full strip down. Theres a couple other spots of rust (hatch lid corner, lower fender, for example) that I would want to tackle at the same time. Luckily Arizona is DRY, so fingers crossed no new spots come up

• Like 2