IGNORED

Carb issue

1 hour ago, Alexg280z said:

What can I do to fix this? Do you guys need me to take any measurements of particular things. Please let me know!. 

You were correct earlier when you said you would need to pull the transmission.

Once you do, make the search like Zed Head suggested for the threads that discuss clutch plate stacked heights. You will very likely need a new collar to work with the clutch you installed. Although there is the possibility that the clutch fork is damaged.

We can advise further once we see pics of the fork, pivot and clutch setup

On 4/13/2021 at 3:39 PM, Patcon said:

You were correct earlier when you said you would need to pull the transmission.

Once you do, make the search like Zed Head suggested for the threads that discuss clutch plate stacked heights. You will very likely need a new collar to work with the clutch you installed. Although there is the possibility that the clutch fork is damaged.

We can advise further once we see pics of the fork, pivot and clutch setup

A friend had a clutch collar off a 280z so I just sent it and it worked perfectly. Finally after a year I've finally been able to drive the car! She runs hot however 😕 water pump is probably bad because water is leaking, might need some new radiator, and some other stuff here and there. Carbs need a little tuning because they don't do well under heavy load like when I do a pull. Thanks for all the help guys. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2021 at 1:16 AM, Alexg280z said:

A friend had a clutch collar off a 280z so I just sent it and it worked perfectly. Finally after a year I've finally been able to drive the car! She runs hot however 😕 water pump is probably bad because water is leaking, might need some new radiator, and some other stuff here and there. Carbs need a little tuning because they don't do well under heavy load like when I do a pull. Thanks for all the help guys. 

I’m back! Only took a week 😞. Carbs are acting up (again) rear carb works perfectly fine. Runs a little rich but nothing bad. Front carb is not doing it’s job at all! Runs super lean no mater how low I put the mixture screw. I used the technique of pushing up the piston about a mm at 1250rpm and the engine starts to die when I do it on the front but will increasing on the rear. I thought it might’ve been my float so I increased the float from 16mm to 12mm. Didn’t do anything. I removed the jet from the bottom and the fuel came out just fine from it. Adjusted the nut all the way up and push the piston up to put the jet back in. Could it be a needle issue? 

It can only be a few things.

The piston doesn't rise properly (needle dragging of the piston is bound up somehow

The needle valve is restricting fuel

A fuel restriction between the carb and the fuel rail

Possible the jet flex line is damaged internally

5 minutes ago, Patcon said:

It can only be a few things.

The piston doesn't rise properly (needle dragging of the piston is bound up somehow

The needle valve is restricting fuel

A fuel restriction between the carb and the fuel rail

Possible the jet flex line is damaged internally

Piston rises just fine. Needle doesn’t appear to be dragging off. 

not quite sure what is the needle valve

Fuel is coming to the carb. Just don’t know if it’s going past the needle.

the jet line has been replaced

2 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Needle valve is what rides on the float to fill the float bowl...

Jet line was replace with what type of line?

Ah I blew through the banjo to adjust the float so I don’t think it’s clogged. Plus I replaced the needle valve. The line was replaced with the line from z car depot. 

2 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Also if all of the above are correct...

It must be one of the following:

the bajo bolt filter screens

Needle valve

Outlet in the bottom of the float boal

Jet line

or a blockage in the Jet

Banjo bolt filter was removed. Needle valve been replaced. Outlet at the bottom of the float is good. Jet line replaced. Jet is good. 

3 minutes ago, Alexg280z said:

Banjo bolt filter was removed. Needle valve been replaced. Outlet at the bottom of the float is good. Jet line replaced. Jet is good. 

I would go back through these one by one. If fuel is coming off the rail port properly. It has to be at one of the locations.

Check the banjo bolt for trash

Check the needle valve for trash

Check the bottom of the float bowl for debris that could clog the drain

Check the jet line for a crimp or possible damage or a flap of rubber or trash blocking flow

Check at the bottom of the jet for trash

Be methodical, you'll find it