IGNORED

Carb issue

4 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Have you checked the fuel filters inside the banjo fittings that are on the top of the float bowls? They could explain fuel in the fuel lines but not enough entering the bowls. Carbs really don't need much fuel pressure. They'll even run fine using a gravity feed.

Thanks for the advice. I opened the banjo up to find a bunch of garbage in there filters looked fine but there was a lot of crud in there. I cleaned it up and later today I’ll see if it does anything thanks. 

• Like 1

I got the car to idle 700-800 only when the Jett nut is all the way down. The front car feels like it isn’t running at all. No matter what I do with the flow meter the red ball doesn’t move on the front. She backfired a lot because it’s running way to rich 

DF174608-755B-4DEC-9352-7E3587A7CAC8.jpeg

Edited by Alexg280z

58 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

After thinking about it the reason I bought the Empi flow meter was that it lets you open up side air input letting it breathe without choking out the carb.

20210325_224325.jpg

Aw I see. What do you think the Jett issue stems from? 

I'm just guessing but with the needle dropped all the way down you have a fuel starvation problem. Clogged lines, tank, pump the whole $^!# and caboodle. I'm not able to point one thing out but posting your problems will help the guys get it figured out sooner or later hopefully. Any details you can remember will help. It's frustrating for sure but you have to go through the crap piece by piece to get it right. Sorry but there's no breaking line on this stuff. We'll hit the problem sooner hopefully than later. Hang in there. More details will help I promise.

We've had some bad weather all day and I'm wide awake. LOL

Lucky for me I have a low psi electric pump from my boat motor that I've used in tandem with a small Jerry gas can up front to bypass all the fuel BS and run 3.5 psi to my carbs. It ran good so I worked my way backwards. Rebuilt carbs, dropped the tank and cleaned it then coated with a fuel resistant liner Red Kote and it's been perfect ever since.